Update: HTC just rolled out official lollipop update and has promised to give Marshmallow or Android M update for HTC Desire 820.
HTC Desire 820, the powerful beast from HTC, sports a very powerful Octacore Snapdragon processor. It has received a very warm response from user all around the world. The device is expected to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update and has been confirmed by HTC.
So, today we are here with a method to get Android 5.0 Lollipop on your HTC Desire 820 right now. This method is basically for the users who are very eager to get their hands on Android lollipop and aren’t willing to wait for the official update. Such users can upgrade their Desire 820 to lollipop instantly by flashing their device with lollipop custom ROM.Though, the method is not officially supported, it is generally pretty safe to flash the device with the latest ROM. However, we are not responsible if something doesn’t work. So, try at your own risk.
For this process, you Desire 820 must be rooted. Rooting Desire 820 has a number of benefits such as the ability to install custom ROMs, more free Internal storage space etc. Rooting is an easy process but needs to be done correctly. And that’s why I have compiled a guide that will make rooting your Desire 820 a piece of cake.
Upgrade HTC Desire 820 to Android 5.0 Lollipop
Before initiating the process, here are a few things that you must know
- You must backup all the data on your device.
- The phone should be more than 80 percent charged.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- During the installation, if the device gets stuck on booting, you can perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik before rebooting the device.
To upgrade your HTC Desire 820 to Android 5.0 lollipop follow the below mentioned steps.
1. First of all, Download Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM for HTC Desire 820 from link below . Since the ROM File size is big, it has been split into 3 parts :
ROM Part 1 : http://goo.gl/7pyL97ROM Part 2 : http://goo.gl/ffHU2xROM Part 3 : http://goo.gl/l1zKh5
Now, to combine 3 parts of ROM, put all three of them into the same folder and double click on ROM-Part1.rar. All the other parts will unpack and combine automatically.
2. Now, install ROM Manager app on your HTC Desire 820 . Then download and install the clockwork mod recovery.
3. After installing the above mentioned apps, connect your HTC Desire 820 to your PC via the USB cable. Now, copy the “ROM.zip” file(the combined file) to SD card’s root directory.
4. Now, restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. In the recovery mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup/restore to back-up your information.
5. Now, from the Recovery Menu, you are required to do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When the process of data erasing completes, go back to Recovery Menu and here select Flash ROM from SD Card option.
6. Now, navigate to the location where the ”ROM.zip” file has been saved on the SD card and select the zip file. Now the installation will begin. Just follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Once the installation is over, reboot your Desire 820. If everything goes fine, your device will boot to the new installation of lollipop. Congratulations, you just upgraded you HTC Desire 820 to Android 5.0 lollipop.
If you have any issues, comment below. We will try to get a solution as soon as possible.
Check: WhatsApp Plus Download
Please Like Our Facebook Fan page to get latest info about your HTC Desire 820.
Android M/ Marshmallow update for desire 820 is also on the way. HTC recently confirmed that HTC Desire 820 will get Android M update soon.