0xc00000e9 error is one of the worst form of any error one could get on his system. This error actually means that there is a lack of coordination between the hardware and software of the system. eg. Some crucial hardware might be faulty, some driver might be faulty or perhaps,it might be a general lack of interaction. However, what has been observed in most cases is that the hard drive itself is faulty.
The best preventive measure for such issues is to store a backup of your data on an external hard drive well in advance. However, in practice only a few guys do so. Rather, I wonder that by the time you are reading this post, you might not have saved anything for yourself.
Thus, the best way is try the following troubleshooting steps to fix this troublesome status 0xc00000e9
FIXED: 0xc00000e9 Error
Though, as mentioned above, the issue might probably be with the hard disk itself, but as an attempt, we can try the following steps.
Step 1: Remove all the peripherals
Removing the peripherals mean removing all I/O devices.Hhowever, this should be done with the exception of the monitor. This is so you could check the status of the resolution on the screen. Though the issue could be with the monitor too, but there is no practical way to check it since you won’t be able to troubleshoot without the display.
Removing the peripherals would mean you have isolated them from the system. Thus, if the issue is with any of them, the error would disappear. Else, proceed with the next step.
What if this resolves the error?
This means the issue is with one of the peripherals. Congratulations. It means that you would have to discard a device cheaper than your hard disk. Now, use hit and trial to find which device is in mess.
Step 2: Use Hiren’s Bootstrap CD
Though this is a tough step for most, it’s much better than replacing an expensive hard disk and losing all your crucial data.
- Download the Hiren’s Software from this link.
- Extract the software and create an ISO file.
- Insert the disk into the computer.
- Reboot the system and select the DOS programs option.
- Select the option ‘Hard Disk Tools’.
- Select the option HDAT2 4.53.
- Choose your hard disk from the options.
- Maintaining your scroll at ‘Device Tests Menu’, select ‘Check And Repair Bad Sectors’.
Reboot your system again after the repair and check if the error is resolved.
That’s it. Most probably your problem of 0xc00000e9 error should be solved by now. If in case, the issue remains intact for you, drop in a comment below and I will personally guide you to solve this problem.
- 4 Easy Steps To Fix DNS Lookup Failed Error in Windows
- How To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error [Simple Steps]
- How To Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error
- How To Fix The User Profile Service Failed The Logon
- How To Fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED